Advice for Ich

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

omardav02

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have been battleing this nasty parasite for about 2 weeks and my advice to whoever who has ich in there tank. Take all ur decor out and set it out in direct sunlight since ich cannot stand the heat. Scrub the walls of ur tank then do a 50% water change turn up the heat in ur tank as well and u should be clear of this nasty parasite. The reason y u take out ur decor is because when ich comes off ur fish it attaches to anything in ur tank so therefore taking out ur decor and gravel it will have nothing to grow on. Trust me it really does work.

There is absolutely NO reason to go to those extremes with ich, once the high heat kills the parasite simple water changes removes the dead cysts.

Parasites need a host to survive, so they will not attach to decor...no host they die it's that simple.

The old wives tale that ich is always present in the aquarium is one the most ridiculous regurgitated myths on aquarium forums and the Internet.

Well i did it and since then my fish have improved really fast

Back
Top Bottom