Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Unhealthy Fish
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-20-2017, 10:20 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Advice Needed

Is hob filter medium considered chemical filtration?

I need to go away for 1-3 days. I was going to start kanaplex but not sure if I should until I return. I'm concerned that he is too ill to start antibiotics. I noticed that his scales are raised and fear he is pineconing. I'm thinking he may have worms but not sure if he would survive treatment.

He is such a beautiful boy. I wish the previous owner would have been better educated on the care and needs of bettas and treated him when he started presenting with these symptoms 2 weeks previous to when I got him. I'm so frustrated because his ailments would have been easily treated.

Old 09-20-2017, 10:59 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice FINatic

The chemical filtration in a power filter would be substances like, Charcoal / Activated Carbon Resins, or media that absorbs Ammonia & Phosphates. If your Betta is exhibiting Dropsy, pine
coneing, probably not going to end well. Good luck.

Old 09-21-2017, 12:42 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by V227 View Post
The chemical filtration in a power filter would be substances like, Charcoal / Activated Carbon Resins, or media that absorbs Ammonia & Phosphates. If your Betta is exhibiting Dropsy, pine

coneing, probably not going to end well. Good luck.

Thanks I appreciate the advice.

Tags
advice

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com