Advice on internal parasites.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jesse W

Aquarium Advice Activist
So for the second time I thought I defeated these **** things using API general cure. The medicine seems to do the trick and everyone seems great and I see no white stringy poo or flashing. However right when I think I'm in the clear I start to see flashing again. Every fish is fine, poop is normal after treatment, they swim fine, no bloating, healthy appetite. Is there any particular reason that flashing can re occur after a successful treatment for internal parasites? I can't think of any! Any opinions appreciated!

Still looking for answer to this question, as I'm still seeing this flashing. All water parameters normal.

As you know flashing is often them trying to rub some sort of irritant. Most commonly it's water quality that's the cause.

What are you using to test the param's? Strips? Liquid test? For best results the API master test kit is the best way to go.

As you know flashing is often them trying to rub some sort of irritant. Most commonly it's water quality that's the cause.

What are you using to test the param's? Strips? Liquid test? For best results the API master test kit is the best way to go.

Yes. I'm using the API master kit.

Then I would just keep and eye on them. It's weird that they have no signs of illness and the water is good yet their still doing it. I have seen mine do it from time to time, but it's not a regular thing. And they are perfectly fine.

If I'm not mistaken flashing is typically a sign of EXTERNAL parasites not internal. Ich, velvet, etc. How often are they flashing? What's your water temp? Are they all doing it or only certain ones?

If I'm not mistaken flashing is typically a sign of EXTERNAL parasites not internal. Ich, velvet, etc. How often are they flashing? What's your water temp? Are they all doing it or only certain ones?

I believe fish can flash as a result of both. Water temp is a steady 82 and its only certain fish. I only see maybe one flash a day from them, sometimes none.

Back
Top Bottom