Advice please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kirsty345

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi.
New to this site but hoping for a bit of advice!
I have kept tropical fish with no problems at all but then rescued 2 goldfish about 5 years ago from being flushed down the toilet they were kept in a small plastic tank as soon as I got them they both changed to a new tank have lived happily in a 120l tank with a good filter have regular water changes etc. I would think they were about 6 year old now at the most. They are beautiful gold fish and have always been well but recently one of them has developed a slight kink in his tail it's hard to describe I googled it and the pics are all of the tail bending right around where as this is just a slight kink making it point down you can see what I think is his spine and it is a different shape to the other fish. He is eating and seems ok in himself. He can swim but not for long and then just sinks to the bottom of the tank. I have taken a water sample to the local aquarium and everything is fine. I have been on good old google and seen it could be swim bladder so I have gave him a pea which he has ate. He has no lumps bumps he still has his orange patches and doesn't look any different I have noticed he had white poo today. I'm not sure what else it could be? The other fish is healthy and happy.
Thanks in advance

Welcome to AA!!!

Do you know what type of goldfish these guys are? What do you normally feed them? Do you have liquid tests for ammonia, nitrite, nitrate and ph? What type of water change schedule do you have (%/# wk)? Some more information will help us to help you better! :)

Back
Top Bottom