African cichlid has an air bubble in its eye!?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This is just a guess...but did you do a water change today? Sometimes, if you have a lot of air bubbles in the water, they will stick to the decorations, the side of the tank, or the fish. Maybe one happened to stick to the fish's eye. I take my water for water changes from a faucet that doesn't have a screen aerator on it, and I try to let the water sit for about 8 hours. I tap on the jug to get the bubbles to go to the top and dissipate.

Bubble-eye is a disease, so if it looks like skin forming the "bubble" then it is gas bubble disease, which I am not very clear about, but has to do with oversaturation of gasses in the water, solved by air stones, splashing filter return, etc.

Hopefully it was just a sticky air bubble and is a thing of the past. One of my peacocks had a large white ich-like spore on his lip and I started to get my quarrantine tank set up, until he bumped the glass and it fell off - it was a grain of sand from the substrate. :)

Hiya,

Nope did water changes today, and took a real close look at his eye, its an air bubble. I have splashing filter return and 36" of bubble curtain across the back.

Back
Top Bottom