african cichlid looks really thin...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gordinho80

Aquarium Advice Freak
i took one of my Albino Zebras out of my main tank because she looked like she was holding, i placed her into my fry tank so she wouldn't be bothered and now a couple of weeks later, no fry and she looks VERY VERY thin...

water seems fine, any ideas?

Could be internal parasites. They suck the blood of the host and rob it of its food and the host becomes emaciated. Try the jungle brand internal parasite food or metronadizole.

went out to PetSmart this morning to pick up some meds, got home and noticed that it was too late...she had already passed...

at least now i have the meds and information for any possible future occurence

Keep an eye out, because sometimes internal paracites will spread and others will be infected but show no external signs. In this case, by the time an emaciated fish is seen that fish would have likely passed many pathogens into the water column, incresing the chances other fish will get infected.

Hopefully you got her out of the main tank in time.

she was in my Fry tank with just 2 salousi fry, the tank has been medicated...still waiting awhile before i put them into the main tank...

Back
Top Bottom