African cichlid stomach problems

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bmarine

Aquarium Advice FINatic
One of my lemon jakes has a weird stomach. Here is some pics:

image-4283046672.jpg

image-2880493175.jpg

Ignore the white thing near its lip, its actually just a small scrape on my glass.

image-942430489.jpg

Any idea what is up with it? Its been like this for a while and i just assumed that it just wasn't eating enough. Water parameters are good, but i haven't done a water change in 2 weeks.

That is how my ram looks.

ATTACH]184870[/ATTACH]

They were saying it could be flukes / tapeworm?

Attachments

• image-3941348520.jpg
    image-3941348520.jpg
    136.8 KB · Views: 61
Probably internal parasites get some Prazi Pro. If he is eating, soak the food in it. Should be better in a week.

Update: turns out his poop is white and stringy also. What should I do?

Update: turns out his poop is white and stringy also. What should I do?

Definitely IP's then. Use Prazi Pro you can get it at your LFS. Make sure you remove the carbon from your filter. Also if you use frozen food soak your food in it.

Also don't use Tetra brand meds they are useless.

Definitely IP's then. Use Prazi Pro you can get it at your LFS. Make sure you remove the carbon from your filter. Also if you use frozen food soak your food in it.

Also don't use Tetra brand meds they are useless.

Ok, i use flakes and pellets for food. And for filtration, i have an aquaclear 70 and an emperor 400. This is lame, but whats the carbon in the aquaclear? And should I medicate my whole tank or put him in a hospital tank?

Carbon looks like little black rocks in a a white or blue floss packet. I would hospitalize the fish and treat him unless your other fish are showing signs then I would treat the whole tank.

Is this a new fish or did you add a new fish? the IP had to travel in on something. usually see this in fish that receive live food but as you said you don't do that.

Carbon looks like little black rocks in a a white or blue floss packet. I would hospitalize the fish and treat him unless your other fish are showing signs then I would treat the whole tank.

Is this a new fish or did you add a new fish? the IP had to travel in on something. usually see this in fish that receive live food but as you said you don't do that.

Yeah, i got him about a week or so ago. I got some stuff, and i'm going to put him in my 20 gallon to heal for a week or so.

Back
Top Bottom