again with the rummynoses

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shayfish

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have a rummynose tetra that seems a little funny. I noticed when I first got him somewhere around a month ago that he swam a little different than the others, but it wasn't that noticable. He seemed to just be a little more nose-up than the rest. But lately, I've noticed that his swimming disability is more exaggerated... he seems to really just bob along with his nose way up. Also, I recently noticed that he seems to have a sharp looking bulge on his belly. I had a heck of a time getting a pic, so this big blur was the best I could do. You can see his funny shape though.
img_728076_0_01c6832dfd512e9be647ded2a715dd0a.jpg

Any ideas? Water parameters are fine and no other fish are showing unusual signs.

I have no clue! Could it be? What would I do if that's it?

I forgot to add that I have had the temp up for ick treatment. Today was to be the day where I started to ease it back to normal range again since I haven't seen ick for 2 weeks.

On the bump are any of the scales protruding at all? Does he still eat normally? Have you seen him poo at all lately? I would try feeding some frozen peas to rule out constipation for starters.

Feeding peas didn't seem to help any and I can't see anything on that website that really matches what's going on. I don't get the impression that this fish is super stressed out, but there's deinately something not quite right about him.

Back
Top Bottom