Ahhh my lobster i dead i think O.o

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hotevo3

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a Electric Blue Lobster. and he has been doing great in my 55g he is about 3in's long and has plenty of cover by rocks and plants, he normally hides out during the day and comes out to get food. this morning when i turned the tank lights on he had shed his old skin??? i did not know they did that. and he was on the other side the tank not moving. so i bumped him with the net and he still did not move. they don't lay dormant after shedding there skin do they? I'm assuming he is dead. oh and i checked the tank levels and everything seems fine and the tank is at 78F

Tropical Inverts for Freshwater Aquariums: Hammers Cobalt Blue Lobster

Sounds like he shed. If he was out in the open then you do not have enough cave like structures for him to hide, maybe 1 of the fish got him. What is the parameters of the tank?

its a standard 55g Rectangle tank? like 4ft long or whatever they are and he has 14lbs of rock that provide like 5 or 6 coves that he loves to hide in

do they just need time to recuperate? bc he does not look dead, except the not moving thing hahah.

Threads merged together. Please dont post same thread in different forums. Makes for a untidy site. Thanks.

well, i don't know much about lobsters, but I have 4 Bamboo shrimps, and they shed about once a month each.
Don't know about the "not moving" part...
Maybe someone else could answer that part.

Back
Top Bottom