Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Unhealthy Fish
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-28-2004, 07:22 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak

Ahhh! Where's my fish?

So, I woke up this morning and turned on the light on my tank and looked around at my 17 fish...um you better make that 16.
I noticed my Pitcus catfish had red all around his mouth, I thought he was injured and bloody. Then I noticed his stomach was all streched out to a huge size and strange shape..it kind of looked like a small fi..... Hey, that little bastard ate one of my bloodfin tetras!! i knew that the catfish was going to be trouble but i thought i had more time. He's only 2 1/2 in and the tetra was 1 1/2 inches..thats why i was seeing the Bloodfin's tail hanging out his mouth. I try to keep the catfish well feed (sinking wafers) but it seem the other fish eat them more than he does.
Well I been negoiating with someone for a 90 gal tank, it looks like I better make the deal and set it up sooner than later. Get that little so and so to a bigger home with bigger fish.
yes its true pitcus catfish will eat anything they can fit in thier mouth...even if you don't think it will fit.

Old 09-28-2004, 07:34 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Freak

They ate two of my cardinals too, they were about 3/4" and my pictus was 2 1/2" but they havent had any of the bigger ones tho... not yet anyway

Old 09-28-2004, 07:36 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Freak

They ate two of my cardinals too, they were about 3/4" and my pictus was 2 1/2" but they havent had any of the bigger ones tho... not yet anyway
Old 09-28-2004, 07:36 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Freak

Yes, fish often surprise you with their actions. Thats why I like having them around.

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com