Ahhh! Where's my fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rocket2001

Aquarium Advice Freak
So, I woke up this morning and turned on the light on my tank and looked around at my 17 fish...um you better make that 16.
I noticed my Pitcus catfish had red all around his mouth, I thought he was injured and bloody. Then I noticed his stomach was all streched out to a huge size and strange shape..it kind of looked like a small fi..... Hey, that little bastard ate one of my bloodfin tetras!! i knew that the catfish was going to be trouble but i thought i had more time. He's only 2 1/2 in and the tetra was 1 1/2 inches..thats why i was seeing the Bloodfin's tail hanging out his mouth. I try to keep the catfish well feed (sinking wafers) but it seem the other fish eat them more than he does.
Well I been negoiating with someone for a 90 gal tank, it looks like I better make the deal and set it up sooner than later. Get that little so and so to a bigger home with bigger fish.
yes its true pitcus catfish will eat anything they can fit in thier mouth...even if you don't think it will fit.

They ate two of my cardinals too, they were about 3/4" and my pictus was 2 1/2" but they havent had any of the bigger ones tho... not yet anyway

They ate two of my cardinals too, they were about 3/4" and my pictus was 2 1/2" but they havent had any of the bigger ones tho... not yet anyway

Back
Top Bottom