Albino catfish sick

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

summercgreen

Aquarium Advice Regular
My catfish is sick all of a sudden. It looks to me like fin rot. I put him in a separate tank, and put pimafix in the water. ( treats fungal infections) I put in the proper dose but within two minutes he started to die. I quickly grabbed him out and put him back with water from our bigger tank. He's doing fine now. But I do not know how to get rid of his problem. His fins are also deteriorated away. Any suggestions? Also my black Molly seems like he gets ich all the time. He gets white dots/ fuzz all over him. But then it goes away. Non of my other fish show any signs of the disease. He's also in a separate tank right now. And looks better. Any one have any ideas?

image-1491019507.jpg

summercgreen said:
My catfish is sick all of a sudden. It looks to me like fin rot. I put him in a separate tank, and put pimafix in the water. ( treats fungal infections) I put in the proper dose but within two minutes he started to die. I quickly grabbed him out and put him back with water from our bigger tank. He's doing fine now. But I do not know how to get rid of his problem. His fins are also deteriorated away. Any suggestions? Also my black Molly seems like he gets ich all the time. He gets white dots/ fuzz all over him. But then it goes away. Non of my other fish show any signs of the disease. He's also in a separate tank right now. And looks better. Any one have any ideas?

My Cory's had the most severe fin rot ever, all fins tails and barbles were gone. I think I treated with melafix for a couple weeks to actually get rid of it. It was so awful, some fins still haven't grown completely back and it's been months.

Also a strict regime of water changes every other day of every 3 days helped a ton.

Teakwood said:
My Cory's had the most severe fin rot ever, all fins tails and barbles were gone. I think I treated with melafix for a couple weeks to actually get rid of it. It was so awful, some fins still haven't grown completely back and it's been months.

Did you put him in a quarantine tank or is the meds okay with other fish. I don't want to harm my other fish or the water levels.

summercgreen said:
Did you put him in a quarantine tank or is the meds okay with other fish. I don't want to harm my other fish or the water levels.

At the time I only had my 10 gallon. My betta and the 2 albino Cory's were in it. I took the betta out thinking he was just nipping the Cory's tails with out realizing it was an infection since it was my first time dealing with fin rot, I added 3 guppies and 2 adolescent Cory's. I felt soooo terrible because then I realized there tails kept disappearing and had to treat the tank, I lost the baby cories(1 1/2 inches long) :( :( but everyone else was ok.

Back
Top Bottom