all at sea...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

eja206

Aquarium Advice Activist
hi all.
for the last month or so my paradise fish has been acting differently. she no longer swims energetically up and down the front of the tank, and shows little interest in anything. she doesn't just sit on the bottom, she's always swimming about - just lethargically.
she also used to come to the top for food, sometimes even jumping and eating out of my hand. however, now there is no reaction at all. i wonder if she's eating at all?
all the other fish in there are perfectly energetic and happy. the paradise fish shows no external signs of anything wrong - colours and fins etc all look perfect.
any advice/speculation is welcomed.

sorry i don't know the water parameters. the only thing i have to go by is that the other inhabitants are all fit and healthy.
the only thing i changed in the tank was moving 2 loaches out into a bigger tank. i thought that would make her happier, as the fish per gallon ratio is much healthier now!
i have fed flakes, algea wafers and blood worms - nothing seems to tempt her.

the up and down swimming, if done drunkenly, might have been a swim bladder infection....

Twisty (zebra danio) had that problem.

Back
Top Bottom