ALOT OF FACTORS... the best treatment route??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't have a python, just use the traditional siphon and 5 gal. Bucket. I've been following the python, mold, bleach conversation. Just wanted to ask, are you sure the gunk stains in the pythons hose is mold, and not simply the common gunk and algae that accumulates inside filter intakes and canister hoses.
Even if some of the hose goo is mold; is mold exposure harmful to fish? I've never seen a colony of mold inside an aquarium before. Doesn't enough water flow outward through the stained hoses during the vacuuming to flush out any loose spores or debris?
I'm all for clean equipment, and if one wants spotless utility hoses; great, but are sterile siphons truly necessary?
Used tank water and a tube brush are all I ever use to clean my accessories. Just an educated guess, dirty, stained python hoses probably aren't harmful.
Thats what I have always thought! Until libertybelle or kingfisher (forgot who mentioned the mold). I thought no matter the spots or "evaporated water" there is in the hose, it will get sucked down the drain along with the dirty tank water. Then when I fill up the tank the hose gets washed with tap water which usually has chlorine in it. Just figured that it usually doesnt have enough ti.e for the spores to grow since i do water changes every 7 days or less??

What's really great about this forum is all the varied and helpful points of view.

Hey guys, I believe the heat and salt treatment is working! When I stop the treatment do I do a 50% water change or water change and new filterpads in the filters?
Also keep in mind I absolutly had to clean and replace all of the pads in one of the canister filters as it was due for a change on the 28th. The reason for replacing all of the old pads for New ones, I noticed there was alot of "white" air bubbles coming out every time i turn tge filters back on after a water change. To me it seemed like ich? (wiggly like strands of hair and white like ich and.... wait... just thought of the closest comparison, looks kinda like a swimming sperm). Once i plugged it back in a few came flying out unlike alot before I replaced the pads.
Last Question! One of my older Coreydora catfish seems to be getting abnormally fat. To my attention as of yesterday he or shes covered in tumor like bubbles the biggest ones are on her dorsal ( okay its a her then) and alot of smaller ones on her sides. Read about it a little bit and all the best suggested remendies pretty much lead to putting her out of misery. Is that what I should consider doing?
20180329_112750.jpg

Attachments

• 20180329_112750.jpg
    20180329_112750.jpg
    176.1 KB · Views: 32
I'm glad the fish are recovering. I'm pretty certain the white filaments blowing out of your canister is not Ick. Might check with some of our canister filter enthusiast regarding filter pad and media changing frequency. I use only A.C. HOB filters and just periodically squeeze out the sponges. I only change them out when the media is literally falling apart.
I agree, the little Cory looks like a goner.

Hello there guys, just wanted to post an update. Lost 6 more Corydoras, still have all of my angelfish and angelicous loaches, they got rid of all of the pond snails in my 55 gal. however the ich issue seems to be gone but not in all of the corys. havent seen any severe itching, eventhou I do see 1 or 2 dots on some angels and corys. The two pairs still do fight often, one of the angels picks fights with the other two constantly, before that she was bulling her partner to the point of blindness in one eye.. been starting to think would trematode be the issue or?

Ive been having alot of crap happening in my life at the moment, soon to be wife isnt wanting me to set up another tank to breed the veiltail marble angelfish pair I have, along with a wild PS with a Pearl white PS Angel..... Im literally tearing myself apart not being able to breed these two knowing - (Hoping) I could get profit from all of their offsprings.... space is not the only issue atm. My fiancees mother has ruined her credit, so we are not able to get a place of our own, not even an apartment..... so pissed about that... When im this close to breeding why sell everything? Is it worth it to turn my back on my soon to be wife to breed these pairs or is the risk not worth it?

Back
Top Bottom