Am I paranoid or do my inverts have parasites?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
One thing I'm not totally clear on here, do these things always kill the shrimp? Was thinking of going to my only cool lfs (not really very local) this weekend and picking up some shrimp. This thread (pun intended!), has me thinking twice about it.

I do believe they always kill the shrimp, if they are present inside. I am sorry I mentioned this, now!! I guess it had more of an impact on me than I realize, so when people inquire about the shrimp it is the first thing I think of.

I would definitely go ahead and get yourself some shrimp, because I could not tell you how many ghost shrimp I have purchased over the years, and had this happen only once. Even then, there was no real harm done, except to the shrimp... :lol: Shrimp are fascinating creatures to watch just as tank inhabitants, and if you use them as feeders I don't think it is much of an issue at all, assuming they don't hang around in the tank for long.

I doubt that worm would hurt any other fisher...since its a distant releative of a neomtad, which include microworms. You commonly feed mircoworms to Betta fry...so It can't be that bad. I could be wrong though. Alli...did your shrimg that "ejected" this worm die?

Back
Top Bottom