amano shrimp trouble!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hippy guy

Aquarium Advice Addict
I bought 4 amano shrimp, and I didn't notice until I got home, but one only has a few legs (just the legs, mouth area stuff is all ok)
Will this grow back, I don't want to take him back,cuz they'd prolly just toss him out :( he is eating pretty fiercley on some hikara algea tabs

He only has one leg :((( but like I said he's all over the place eating, can still climb on drifwood and such..will the other amanos try to eat him?

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110726_194729.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110726_194729.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 133
Been looking online and it looks like a little should grow with each molt?? Make sure he is able to eat until then... That would probably be the most important thing... Also make sure there is nothing to pick on him or eat him. Lol

Well other than the other amanos..if trouble pursues, he will be in a non planted neon tetra betta tank (never had shrimp troubles in this tank )

i'm sure he'll be fine :) Just keep an eye on him :D Let me know what happens... I just got shrimp for the first time. I love them :D

So I gave him a piece of a hikar singing algae wafer, and had to give a few more, because everyone wanted a piece (even the kuhlis haha)

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110727_131850.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110727_131850.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 110
  • ForumRunner_20110727_131937.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110727_131937.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 109
Lol mine actually like the sinking wafers
With krill and everything... They like everything ... Haha

I wanna get some cherry shrimp :D
The orange shrimp are really cool looking as well :)

So after discussion, we will be moving legs (as we've decided to call him lol) to my ladys 10 gal betta tetra tank. I'm sure he will have no problem getting fed there (for some reason, as soon as food hits the floor in that tank, its like its invisible to the fish :(

hippy guy said:
So after discussion, we will be moving legs (as we've decided to call him lol) to my ladys 10 gal betta tetra tank. I'm sure he will have no problem getting fed there (for some reason, as soon as food hits the floor in that tank, its like its invisible to the fish :(

Lol well then he'll be in heaven! Haha all that food to himself.

Do u have cherry shrimp? Seems like I read that they can be a a little more sensitive to water conditions... Or something like that...

I keep my tank pretty tidy though..I bet I could keep crystals, just never wanted to pay so much for such a little, delicate vert...

So my amano, he's still in my ten, cuz I didn't want to stress him out being biought, moved, put in, then taken right out. The tank he's going too iks the exact same (but slightly higher ph ..don't know why either...) but I'm moving him to tank tank in the morning (already lights out for these guys) my question is of acclimation. He tank is.a smidge cooler and higfher ph (just bareley) should I acclimate, or just fload a baggie to get temp correct?

hippy guy said:
So my amano, he's still in my ten, cuz I didn't want to stress him out being biought, moved, put in, then taken right out. The tank he's going too iks the exact same (but slightly higher ph ..don't know why either...) but I'm moving him to tank tank in the morning (already lights out for these guys) my question is of acclimation. He tank is.a smidge cooler and higfher ph (just bareley) should I acclimate, or just fload a baggie to get temp correct?

Ehh I'm not really sure bout shrimp cause I'm a shrimp newbie but if the ph is different I'd acclimate to the ph as well

Back
Top Bottom