ammonia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Guggiboy123

Aquarium Advice Freak
hey guys I have high amounts of ammonia and no on responded what should I do. Is there a product that I can use that converts it in to non toxic ammonia please help all of my fish are dyeing

I'm new to the fish game, but I'd suggest back to back pwc until the numbers come down.

Good luck!

Guggiboy123 said:
It's in my tap water!

Partial water changes are the solution.... Even if is in the tap water, you need to treat the new water with a good dechlorinator, such as Prime, or any other brand, which also will convert the ammonia into harmless chemical for the fish.

But I suspect that your tank is not cycled.. Do you now the actual water parameters in the tank? Like ammonia, nitrites, nitrates? How long has your tank has been running?

ejaramillo01 said:
Partial water changes are the solution.... Even if is in the tap water, you need to treat the new water with a good dechlorinator, such as Prime, or any other brand, which also will convert the ammonia into harmless chemical for the fish.

But I suspect that your tank is not cycled.. Do you now the actual water parameters in the tank? Like ammonia, nitrites, nitrates? How long has your tank has been running?

For like 2 months

ejaramillo01 said:

Yes it's ammonia .5 nitrates40

Guggiboy123 said:
It's been going 4 2 months what do u suggest I do then

The only path is to do weekly (Or as needed ) PWC... To maintain a non toxic ammonia close to 0 or max 0..5 ppm, if you can get from your lfs some cycled Biofilter, even better.

Back
Top Bottom