Ammonia burns..Or not?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Miyavp

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have one fish in my pond showing signs of ammonia burns. Although there are about a dozen or so other goldfish in the pond none showing these symptoms. About six or seven of the goldfish came from the same place as this one and arrived in the same batch. They were walmart goldfish tho. Any advice? My ponds water levels are PH:7.2 Ammonia:0ppm Nitrites:.25ppm Nitrates:40ppm. Its an outdoor pond. I would guess about 200gal. We just got done fighting a fungal infection. This fish was also the worst hit with this. Although the fungus is gone the black ammonia looking burns are not. There only covering the orange parts of his body tho. Not the white.

Hi! Can you you possibly post a pic? Is he/she eating & acting normally beyond the discoloration? Are there any other symptoms (redstreaking in fins or body, ragged fins, odd behavior or lack of an appetite, flashing, etc)? I suspect this fish may be jsut healing from a tough ordeal but some more info will help! :)

Back
Top Bottom