Ammonia Poisoning victim is struggling

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Darkfalcon

Aquarium Advice Freak
One of the victim is my angelfish. Other victims are able to survive and get better quickly than him. This angelfish is now struggling at the bottom of the tank. After I realized his sudden change of behavior I moved him from tanks to tanks (from the original tank to tanks with lower ammonia level). So instead of making him adapt to water change on his original tank, I made him adapt to tank changes with lower sudden ammonia level changes (hopefully you know what I'm talking about).

Right now his status is in critical health. He is in a clean tank (100% new water) and no one else but him there so I can give him a diet (actually no food at all) to prevent ammonia from building up. He is lying on the aquarium floor, one of his eyes is about to pop out (looks like its about to pop out) and he already survived for 1-2 days now.

What should I do to make him to get healthy again (up and swimming again)?? And how long does it take?? I never actually have any fish who got poisoned by ammonia and survived this long (and actually I wish to have them survive). So if anyone has experienced this and manage to heal the fish, please tell me what to do X_X

Put him in a Fresh tank with nothing but water and methylene blue. Leave for a week, if you want put airstone or heater if you need. For a week with a half water change or two after a couple days. Then replace him it will help him get his blood rich and oxygenated and healthy again. And make sure his gills dont get sick/infected.

Ok, thx for the advice. I've done what u said and at least my fish is stil hangin in there. Trying to swim but then fall to the ground again. He is breathing normally so at least I know that he has recovered

Sent from my vivo Y28 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom