Anchor Worm!!!:(

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jessy2363

Aquarium Advice Activist
I've never had this nasty parasite before in my tank and I'm not feeling happy about it. I purchased 10 cardinal tetras to go in my discus tank. I was sitting there admiring everybody when I noticed two of the cardinals have anchor worm!! Little white threads hanging from their bodies. Very difficult to see but they are there. It's definitely anchor worm. Before you tell me off for not quarantining the cardinals I did quarantine them for a week and everything looked fine. Obviously I was wrong.

What I want to know is. Who here has had this parasite? And when you treated it did you manage to FULLY eradicate it from your tank? Or am I stuck treating this dirty little worm forever?

I know that some parasites once they get into your tank they will never leave no matter how good the med is. Like gill flukes for example. I'm after some hands on experience with this one.

I am not prepared to rip my tank apart and start over. It's 300 litres by the way. Planted and fully cycled with perfect water parameters and twice a week 20% water changes. I'm running two canister filters, once at each end.

Please if you've treated this parasite I"m keen to know how it went for you and if it ever popped up again after treatment. And if the treatment went well what did you use and for how long?

Well I know it's been treated on here in threads so bumping ?

Just in case, you could try a search on here. Any recommendations by JLK in previous threads would be worth checking out.

Back
Top Bottom