Aneus Cory Parasite?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Magicmarymac

Aquarium Advice Freak
1~What type of fish is afflicted? In addition, please describe what is wrong with the fish to the best of your ability (i.e. cotton like growth, bloated, etc.).

Bronze Cory Catfish. Healthy acting, eats fine, plays in the current but it has a white object attached to base of dorsal fin. LFS thought it was a parasite (lymphocyte?) Right now she is in a one gallon bowl with ParaGuard.

2~What are your tank parameters (ammonia, nitrites, nitrates, temp, pH)? Please give exact values.
Planted
Ammonia 0
Nitrate 30
Nitrite 0
Temperature 78.8
PH 6.8
KH 2
GH 5
Phosphate 1

3~ How large is the tank? 46g
How long has the tank been set up? March 29, 2013

4~What type of filtration are you using? Please give the name and number (i.e. Fluval 304) and amount of gph if known.
Eheim 2015 Canister
2 Aquaclear powerheads with quick filters

5~How many fish are in the tank? What kinds of fish are they and what are their current sizes?

3 juvenile Angelfish, silver dollar size
4 Albino Cory, mixture of ages
1 adult Bronze Cory (the one with the parasite)
6 Juvenile Panda Cory
5 Otos
Nerites

6~When is the last time you did a water change and vacuum the gravel? How often do you do this? How much water do you remove at a time?
Today and Weekly 50% or more PWC

7~How long have you had the fish? If the fish is new, how did you acclimate it/them?
This one may have been purchased months ago or may be the one cory fry I have raised

8~Have you added anything new to the tank--decor, new dechlorinator, new substrate, etc.?
No

9~What kind of food have you been feeding your fish, have you changed their diet recently?
Mixture of different brands of dry, frozen brine shrimp and blood worms occasionally, and recently black worms (live)

Attachments

• IMG_2056.JPG
    IMG_2056.JPG
    108.3 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_2042.jpg
    IMG_2042.jpg
    204.3 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_2052.jpg
    IMG_2052.jpg
    177.8 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_2055.jpg
    IMG_2055.jpg
    171.4 KB · Views: 48
No response.

Oh well.

It looks like my newbie treatment helped. For the record…it appeared to be a fungus after all.

:-/

Back
Top Bottom