Angel Fish acting unusual

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Katfish

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi all,

I just got me a new Angel fish black and white, pretty small, he or she was doing fine last week, but today i noticed he kept to himself on the far corners of the aquarium and at the top. I looked at him for signs of maybe other fish picking on him or desease but he looks fine, but he doesnt eat very much and keeps close to the surface. I was thinking of maybe taking him out of the aquarium for a few days, i dont know. Could it be that since hes the only Angel in the aquarium that hes lonely? I had two Angels male and female for almost 4 years and they never acted this way. :(

Help Please,
Katfish

Unhappy angel

Have you checked the water for any changes? Ammonia/nitrite? Has the pH changed any? Is the water the angel is in now close in pH and hardness to the water it came out of at the store? I have never kept Angelfish, but I know they can be a little delicate and are fussy about their water.
Logan J

I also started with 1 angel, and saw much of the same behavior. I bought him some buddies of about the same size, and he perked right up. They like company! Plus a small school of angels can be really relaxing!

I had an angel that did this and it turned out my Ph had dropped too low for him. Ph may be a problem. Unfortunately I didn't realize this until it was too late. (I had two...one survive but just by pure luck). I still have the one Angel. It's not as active as when I had two, but it's definitely more active than the one who didn't survive the Ph drop. Now that my tank is back where it belongs I plan on getting him a companion. Good Luck.

Angel

Sorry to say my Angel didnt make it.

I found him laying on the gravel floor, gone.
Went over to the aquarium shop were i got him to maybe buy a new one, and i found out that a lot of the Angels had also died, the owner thinks they were either to stressed after shipping or that they were already sick with something. I am keeping a close eye and all the fish now just in case they start acting up. I also started adding some medicine just in case.

Thanks for your help,
Kafish

i have just had the same kind of problem bought 2 marble angel fish 2 weeks ago and they were both fine but a few days later i did notice 1 of my angels had a smaller tail fin than the other but he seemed happy so didnt think any thing off it just kept a closer eye on him. when i woke up this morning i saw my little angel right at top of my tank and couldnt swim properly shortly after he died :(.
my other angel looks really healty just lonely and hiding can i get more angels or will he reject them please help he looks sad lol.

Back
Top Bottom