Angel fish not doing so well

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

D_Tristan22

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have an angel fish who has been sitting on the ground, kind of bent sideways, the whole day. I have removed her into a separate place from all the others.
I've had her for 3 months now.
I noticed something was wrong when she wouldn't eat the flakes I feed them, but then realized that's her usual behavior because she mostly just eats bloodworms I give in the evening.

Also the other angel I have has been picking in her lately. Could she be I'll die to the aggression? Or is she sick?

She lives in a 30 gallon
With 6 other fish
The levels are as usual
0 ammonia and nitrite
About .2 nitrate.

Any advice is greatly appreciated

Update:

my angel fish died today:/

It was really strange.

Hopefully my other fish won't get the same stuff.

It could've been the other Angel being a bully, but it's hard to tell when they go with no visible symptoms.

Actually there has been a slight change. My heater raises the heat to literally 86 or up so lately I just been turning it on to raise temp by a few degrees and off when it gets to high.

My entire tank crashed because of a faulty heater. When the ice storm came through the temperature dropped and my heater went out causing everything in the tank to stress and die.
I would definitely invest in a new heater.

I live in the Central Valley Of California and the temperature from outside barely drops under 50 F outside. That being said it is fairly always warm here. I have 2 bettas tanks with no heater at the moment that always seems to be around the temp of 76-78F.
Do think the heater is still necessary?

I would still get one. A quality brand like the Jager trutemp. It would prevent fluctuations in your water temperature. It would keep it constant thus preventing your fish from going into shock from a fluctuation in water temperature.

I would still get one. A quality brand like the Jager trutemp. It would prevent fluctuations in your water temperature. It would keep it constant thus preventing your fish from going into shock from a fluctuation in water temperature.

Ok. I'll look on ebay for 3 of then for all my tanks. Thank you:)

I have an Eheim Jager in my 29g, and a Hydor 25w in my betta tank. Both work great. I like the Hydor for small tanks because 1) it was the only adjustable 25w heater I could find 2) it's small when compared to the other 50w adjustable heaters.

Just my 2 cents.

Back
Top Bottom