Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Unhealthy Fish

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-02-2006, 09:16 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Regular

Send a message via MSN to izzycomosy
angel fish...Sleeping ?????? help urgent

I know that sounds weird but I have a angel fish that lies down on its side and looks as if he is dying but when I go to remove him he jumps up and starts swimming,this happened last night and I thought he might be dead
today but when the lights are put out in the tank he starts swimming , I put the lights back on and he makes straight for the bottom and lies down on his side and looks as if he is going to die....I turned the lights off again and up he pops and starts swimming to the top again...what is wrong with him????

Old 02-02-2006, 09:51 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Admin

POTM Champion

Send a message via MSN to Zagz
When the lights are on does he swim normally? What are your water parameters? I would do a water change to be safe. Is he gasping when he lies on his side?

-----------
Site Administrator
Zagz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 09:11 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Regular

Send a message via MSN to izzycomosy
Hi,
No no gasping... when the lights go on he goes straight to the bottom and lies on his side and he looks as if he has stopped breathing but then when I move the plant next to him he moves away very quickly and then starts swimming,when the lights go out he goes to the top and stays there ,but he does swim with the lights on but only if I move something next to him,or if another fish moves to close to him,I tested the water peramerters yesteday and they are all fine all the other angel fish of the same breed are fine I have 4 of the same ,and 4 parrot fish in the same tank and they are all ok,I did a water change on Tuesday but everything is fine with the water? I have no clue ! this is the 3rd day and he is still here but still acting the same way.
29 gal
2 parrot cichlid (Red)M/F,1 cream pleco,2 flag cichlids,1 angel fish (white)
2 gal QT1 very pregnant ballon mollie
59gal (fishless cycling)
izzycomosy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
angel, angel fish, sleep, sleeping

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com