angel fish...Sleeping ?????? help urgent

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

izzycomosy

Aquarium Advice Regular
I know that sounds weird but I have a angel fish that lies down on its side and looks as if he is dying but when I go to remove him he jumps up and starts swimming,this happened last night and I thought he might be dead
today but when the lights are put out in the tank he starts swimming , I put the lights back on and he makes straight for the bottom and lies down on his side and looks as if he is going to die....I turned the lights off again and up he pops and starts swimming to the top again...what is wrong with him????

When the lights are on does he swim normally? What are your water parameters? I would do a water change to be safe. Is he gasping when he lies on his side?

Hi,
No no gasping... when the lights go on he goes straight to the bottom and lies on his side and he looks as if he has stopped breathing but then when I move the plant next to him he moves away very quickly and then starts swimming,when the lights go out he goes to the top and stays there ,but he does swim with the lights on but only if I move something next to him,or if another fish moves to close to him,I tested the water peramerters yesteday and they are all fine all the other angel fish of the same breed are fine I have 4 of the same ,and 4 parrot fish in the same tank and they are all ok,I did a water change on Tuesday but everything is fine with the water? I have no clue ! this is the 3rd day and he is still here but still acting the same way.

Back
Top Bottom