Angel is not eating!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aquajoy

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi

I have 2 Angels, they are about 5 years old and have always been together. The water - pH 7.4, Nitrate 0.1, Nitrite 0, Amonia 0.1.

One Angel has not eaten for 4 days now and this is very unusual, normally when its time for food they are at the top and cant wait but now only one Angel comes up, The other one tends to stay back and not bother.

They have both been fighting for about 10 days but they do this on a monthly basis with no problems.

Any ideas?

Roger:confused:

Can you QT the one that hasn't eaten? Any bloating in the fish? You could try some peas, maybe he's constipated? I've heard people had luck with using garlic to get picky eaters to eat. I've heard good things about using fresh garlic mashed up and mixed with the food. Also, I read many good things on Selcon and Garlic Extreme. Hope it helps!

Angel still not eating

Hi Steve

Thanks for the tip. The Angel fish doesnt eat any veg at all, he used to eat bloodworm but we are having trouble finding it here . its now been 7 days and he still snt eating so not sure what to do.

Roger

I would try mixing some garlic with his regular food to see if that will get him to eat. The garlic makes it easier to find the food and helps increase appetite from what I've read.

Do you know why you have ammonia in your tank. There should not be any ammonia or nitrites? That could make them sick and explain a loss of appetite.

Back
Top Bottom