Angel not responding to treatment

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JoeyGGGG

Aquarium Advice Activist
Okay so most of my angels have ich and I bought API's liquid super ice cure and have been following dosing Instructions. Which are 5 ml of treatment for every 5 us gallons bit then it says it may be harmful to scaleless fish and I'm pretty sure a khuli loach doesn't have scales so I've been halving the dosage and then it says after first dose wait 48 hours till you dose again so I just put in more treatment cause I had waited 48 hours from last time. I was shocked to see that the white spots have spread even more since the first dose of treatment was wondering I should do please help?!

What kind of filter do u have ? If it has carbon beads in it I believe it can keep your medicine from doing it's full job

Flossie said:
What kind of filter do u have ? If it has carbon beads in it I believe it can keep your medicine from doing it's full job

Definitely check the carbon. Also, heat the tank slowly to 86 degrees, along with a half dosage of aquarium salt. That's the most recommended way to do it.

I dont really know what kind of filter it is seeing how it has been several years since I obtained it:) but there is no carbon in the filter cartridge just the cartridge, then two small sponges. And thanks for the help:)

JoeyGGGG said:
I dont really know what kind of filter it is seeing how it has been several years since I obtained it:) but there is no carbon in the filter cartridge just the cartridge, then two small sponges. And thanks for the help:)

Good. The salt will help. You don't need the meds anymore.

Alright quick update the salt is working great over the fast few days the ich has reduced tremendously from ~20 spots to now only one. Thanks again for the advise you very well might have saved my fishes life:)

Back
Top Bottom