Angelfish accastionally goes upside down

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

YunoGasai212121

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So my angelfish has done this thing for the last three weeks where accastionally itllgo upside down but than it corrects itself and it swims normally. I’ve seen it do this like 4 times in the last three weeks. I thought maybe it was swim bladder disease but it almost always has control because it corrects itself and I don’t see it all the time just sometimes. It also has a possibility of parasites because my brother found worms of some sort in his tank and he doesn’t know what they are and we use the same cleaning section tube. What are some possible signs of parasites in fish? What do you think is wrong with it? Also another angelfish attacks it but I think they are fine because they don’t look that stressed and they attack equally.

Tank info
Tank size: 29G
Filter: tetra whisper 30
Tank temp: 79F
Fish symptoms: angelfish going upside down/ maybe parasites
Water changes: 50% per 2 weeks
Chemical additives: 3 angelfish
Plants: plastic
No chemicals added

The fish:
IMG_2148.jpg

All fish:
IMG_1574.jpg

Stringy white poop is a classic symptom of internal problems inside a fish. Whirling, unusual swimming behaviors, are symptoms of swim bladder problems. It can be a result of constipation, bacterial or parasitic infections. It might just be a quark specific to that one Angel. I once had a completely normal Flowerhorn, which would get so excited at feeding time that she would swim a circle, also going upside down.
Your Angel looks healthy. As long as he's eating, things will probably be okay. Might cut back on feeding a few days just in case the problem is constipation.

So my angelfish has done this thing for the last three weeks where accastionally itllgo upside down but than it corrects itself and it swims normally. I’ve seen it do this like 4 times in the last three weeks. I thought maybe it was swim bladder disease but it almost always has control because it corrects itself and I don’t see it all the time just sometimes. It also has a possibility of parasites because my brother found worms of some sort in his tank and he doesn’t know what they are and we use the same cleaning section tube. What are some possible signs of parasites in fish? What do you think is wrong with it? Also another angelfish attacks it but I think they are fine because they don’t look that stressed and they attack equally.

Tank info
Tank size: 29G
Filter: tetra whisper 30
Tank temp: 79F
Fish symptoms: angelfish going upside down/ maybe parasites
Water changes: 50% per 2 weeks
Chemical additives: 3 angelfish
Plants: plastic
No chemica

Fish that swim next to things like plants and driftwood then quickly jerk and swim away rubbing against the object can be a sign of parasites.

Back
Top Bottom