Angelfish Aids/Angelfish Plague

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AngelFishGirl

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Question about this.. In two week's time I lost 9 of 9 adult angels and 4 of 4 quarter sized angels. However, all 8 of my pea sized angels that were in the tank just as long (even longer) than some of the adults have been unaffected. The tank is taken down to bleach out and restart, and they are currently in an 8 gallon or so temporarily until it's safe to go back.

My question is, how hadn't a single one of them died, while all quarter sized and adults, who most (except 4 of 13) have been in the tank a shorter time than the babies died?

They are still in the water from the 55 gallon - so the disease is still in the water. And yet - NONE ARE DYING! It's crazy. What is with these little guys?

My guess would be some sort of resistance in the younger generation as to make them carriers maybe and infect as adults...hmm. :-( just a guess tho.

talk to andy about the aids in angels he lost tuns and i mean tons af angels from this. i had a 75 gallon tank with about 75 quarter size in it and all perished. i took the tank down and bleached it and rinsed well and let it set for 2 days to dry. added a little extra prime just in case and refilled. i now have 6 female adult koi thriving in the same tank

talk to andy about the aids in angels he lost tuns and i mean tons af angels from this. i had a 75 gallon tank with about 75 quarter size in it and all perished. i took the tank down and bleached it and rinsed well and let it set for 2 days to dry. added a little extra prime just in case and refilled. i now have 6 female adult koi thriving in the same tank

Thank you :)

Back
Top Bottom