angelfish eye?! help asap

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That is pop-eye. It is more of a symptom than a disease. Since it is only on 1 side, it is likely the result of an injury. Clean water should help it go away and adding salt to the tank helps equalize the osmotic pressure behind the eye.

Okay I don't know how he could of injured himself..:( I feel awful..it's a 55g should I do a water change then add salt?

I don't...:(
Ph 7.5
Ammonia 0
Nitrites 0
Nitrates 30
How much of a water change?

I would do a 50% pwc. Try to keep the nitrates as low as possible for a bit while the fish heals. Other than the eye, he looks healthy. His fins all look nice and he looks filled out, so his immune system will hopefully be able to kick this issue without too much help.
How long has it been like this?

I just noticed it when I got home from work. I didn't see it this morning. I feel so careless:((

Don't worry too much yet. I had a ram that had got pop-eye and it went away with water changes. I have had bettas with it too and they healed up fine as well. Since the problem is new, stay optimistic. I would do daily water changes and add some salt to see if it looks better in a few days. Let us know if anything changes, like if the eye clouds over or you can see any sort of parasite or redness or anything like that.

absolutangel04 said:
Don't worry too much yet. I had a ram that had got pop-eye and it went away with water changes. I have had bettas with it too and they healed up fine as well. Since the problem is new, stay optimistic. I would do daily water changes and add some salt to see if it looks better in a few days. Let us know if anything changes, like if the eye clouds over or you can see any sort of parasite or redness or anything like that.

Okay I'll try :/ okay I will keep you posted

A slightly hazed look is normal because the shape of the eye is distorted. If it gets a cloudy looking film on it or the whole eye clouds over or it looks like there is a fuzzy growth inside the eye, it can mean a parasite like a fluke. If the eye is just popped out, it's more likely a bacterial issue. When its just on once side, its likely that there was an injury that got bacteria in it.

absolutangel04 said:
A slightly hazed look is normal because the shape of the eye is distorted. If it gets a cloudy looking film on it or the whole eye clouds over or it looks like there is a fuzzy growth inside the eye, it can mean a parasite like a fluke. If the eye is just popped out, it's more likely a bacterial issue. When its just on once side, its likely that there was an injury that got bacteria in it.

Oh okay! I wonder how this could of happened..you're really helpful. I appreciate it a lot.

Its okay...im thinking about tearing down the tank and putting in sand..idk

Its fine..it happens i lost one from the same pair a few weeks back..

Back
Top Bottom