angelfish fin rot? ( Freshwater)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zilla870

Aquarium Advice FINatic
ok just checked water parameter and they are nh4 0 no2 0 no3 10 ph 7.2 or 7.4. using liquid test kit.

ok at the tip of their doral fin on 5 out of 12 of my angels it looks like its rotting away. it's not fin nip. i also i have zebra loaches, flying foxes, and some guppies for food. oh yeah and some ghost shrimp. i am puzzled.

any help would be great. it's a 65 gallon tank they are between 3/4 to 2" in size and i know that well be overstock when they get bigger. i trying to get pairs. what meds should i put in tank. help me. like i said i am puzzled!!!!!

thanks in advance

sorry for quick post but i forgot something.

loaches, flying foxes, and guppies have no sign of fin rot.

could this be bacteria or a fungus?????

Could it be that somehow their fins are getting torn by something in the tank? Can you see any whitish area around them? Fin rot can either be bacterial or fungal. For fungus, you would need to treat with an anti-fungal Here if bacterial this will work.

If you are going to medicate, I would move the unwell fish to a smaller hospital tank. This way you aren't treating well fish, and you wont have to use as much medication.

Back
Top Bottom