Angelfish possible parasite?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

YunoGasai212121

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
This fish has been acting weird lately. I recently put them in a new tank (12 days ago) and the last few days it’s been acting odd. It’s been vibrating its head which I thought was to intimidate other fish and its arm things in the front that hang down do this vibrating thing where they get tangled together really fast. It also has black spots but I’m not sure if Those were there before (pretty sure they were). Now I’m worried about a parasite or something because it’s pooping out this green loop that kind of looks like a thin string. IMG_1630.jpg

Cichlids shake and shimmy for a number of reasons; Aggression / Dominace / territory / Mating behavior. If your Angel is still eating and acting normal, I wouldn't worry too much about the poop. Make sure your feeding a quality flake or pellet food. My fish do very well on Omega One Cichlid Flakes and Pellets.

But is there a reason it’s front arm things hanging down get tangled together

I believe you're talking about Ventrals. Angel fish can survive without ventrals but would look awkward. Unless they are about to fall off, a little twisting is probably okay.

They grow back anyways just takes 1-2 months, I’ve had one get ripped off before by another fish

Also sometimes it swims to the side and one time saw it upside down but it corrected itself

Back
Top Bottom