Angelfish Problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Update* Shes been doing amazing the past week! Swimming normally now. She has had no fin regrowth though. So now I'm considering putting her in my 50g and seeing how she does. Its stocked with 2 Kribs, 2 Blue Phillipine Angels (they are tiny), 3 Black Skirt tetras, 6 Corys, and a Platy. Opinions? The angels are juveniles. I'm aware I'll have to eventually move her, this arrangement would just be until the summer.

I was just going to comment that my ex mother and law had a fish in worse condition than this with fin rot and she cured her just by doing daily water changes. Yeah, it was a goldfish in a 5g hex, but still all of its fins grew back and it looked like a brand new fish. I'd say there is still hope. She might be OK in the 50g, but the black skirts might give her a rough time. It's hard to say.

Laser said:
I was just going to comment that my ex mother and law had a fish in worse condition than this with fin rot and she cured her just by doing daily water changes. Yeah, it was a goldfish in a 5g hex, but still all of its fins grew back and it looked like a brand new fish. I'd say there is still hope. She might be OK in the 50g, but the black skirts might give her a rough time. It's hard to say.

So no meds or anything, just water changes?

I'm mostly worried she might get my other fish sick. The male krib is a bit bossy also, so he might pick on her a bit. I guess the only way to find out is to try it.

Back
Top Bottom