Angelfish with ulcer treating with salt dips and tetracycline for 2 weeks not doing anything but not getting worse either

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

daquaticb

Aquarium Advice Regular
Angelfish with ulcer treating with salt dips and tetracycline for 2 weeks not doing anything but not getting worse either

IMG_0937.jpgIMG_0939.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0937.jpg
    IMG_0937.jpg
    189.9 KB · Views: 68
Angelfish with ulcer

Other meds I have available are general cure . Furan-2 triple sulfa. Melafix prazipro And cupramine. If any of those are better I could use instead. Most other meds are a little more work to get ahold of Because the stores that carry them are an hour away.

I dont know who reccomended tetracycline, but its a pretty useless antibiotic, except for maybe popeye or swim bladder issues.
There are two types of antibiotics, those that treat Gram + bacteria, like tetracycline, and erythomycin, and those that treat Gram - bacteria such as kanamycin, oxytetracycline, and minocycline

Most fish disease falls into the Gram - category
Most antiboitics work best mixed in food. An antiboitic that is just dumped into hard water is mostly wasted, with very little dissolving and making its way past the fishes skin. Hard calcium rich water makes this even worse.
Kanamycin is okay to put into water, for some reason it works best this way and in saltwater too.
The others should be mixed in food.
An hour away, you can always order online.
Here is a good site, you should like it.
Antibiotic Fish Flake Food
With angels, you should also consider geting the anti-protozoan flake, as they are particulary prone to this (Hole in the head) parasite/condition.
http://angelsplus.com/FlakeMedProto.htm
You have to order two anyways, and 3 oz bag is plenty big enough to last.

Back
Top Bottom