Angels fin clamped/ Nipped Need help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

unstopaBULLFish

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So this was my angel about 2 weeks ago

This is my angel now!

As you can see the fins are very thin and look either stressed or clamp. I'm quite attactmhed to her and don't want death. I also see her at the surface more and
More. She seems very stressed. I have 4 espei 1 albino bristle pleco and 1 male angel. All of the fish are peaceful. The Angels are extremely docile and don't even go near the espei. The Angels seem to be a pair and never show any aggression to each other. The ABP keeps to himself. I do usually 2 30% water changes a week. I will do a 30% every day until the angel is better. I haven't added any new fish since to the tank since The summer

Sent via the power of my aching thumbs
Cn

Weird won't let me upload pics... In my time of need too...

Cn

Do you feed feeder fish?
I recommend not doing that unless you want them to get HOTH or intestinal worms.
Clamping is a sign of a number of different things, picture would not help anyways.
Look into getting some metrondiazole if you like chiclids.

Download the app from the app store to upload pictures as the Web version isn't working, always good to show pictures just in case someone spots something, also is good for us beginners on here to learn what to look for

Sent from my SM-G920P using Aquarium Advice mobile app

You must be on a Desktop/laptop to upload, click "Go Advanced" then Manage attachments, upload to the forum pic gallery, then upload the attachment to the forum. Ive noticed a few people having problems with this as well.

You must be on a Desktop/laptop to upload, click "Go Advanced" then Manage attachments, upload to the forum pic gallery, then upload the attachment to the forum. Ive noticed a few people having problems with this as well.

I've tried the pc, laptop, desktop view on my phone the only way i could upload a pic is through the app, i actually just tried the pc again and it still says failed upload

Do you feed feeder fish?
I recommend not doing that unless you want them to get HOTH or intestinal worms.
Clamping is a sign of a number of different things, picture would not help anyways.
Look into getting some metrondiazole if you like chiclids.

No way would I ever feed feeder fish lol. Even if I wanted too the Angels have small mouths. Well I did big daily water changes and it seems whatever was afflicting the Angels is gone.
I noticed that some idiot kid who likes to
Mess with my tanks dropped a bunch of osmocote and miracle grow balls in my tank
Which created a lot of nitrate. I removed all of them

Cn

Ahh, good job.
As long as you don't feed feeder fish and you have hard calcium rich water, your chiclids should not come down with HOTH....
I have heard they make calcium blocks to put in chiclid tanks to keep them from getting hexitima, dreaded disease by chiclid keepers.
Maybe put some limestone river rock thoroughly washed too, theres been studies that chiclids kept in hard calcium rich water and fed a balanced non-live food diet were a lot less prone to come down with HOTH than people that keep them in soft water and feed frozen, or live food.
Even in the wild, chiclids in hard calcium water were less likely to carry the parsite than others...according to this study.

Back
Top Bottom