Angels for the THIRD TIME

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Like I said, just a theory, but don't you still need to make sure there is BB in the QT which doesn't just come from the main tank water.
Of course, ensuring your QT tank is cycled is also important. It has been a long thread but I thought we established that we were OK there earlier in the thread somewhere.

Of course, ensuring your QT tank is cycled is also important. It has been a long thread but I thought we established that we were OK there earlier in the thread somewhere.

I must have misunderstood. I thought OP said the water was tested from where it was purchased and compared to the tank water from the main tank that was used for the QT - OP - were the readings from your water from your main tank which you then added the water to the QT or did you read the water from the QT before you added the main water?

If I remember the OP's original issues with her fish, she also imported some fish from Indo but put them directly into her aquarium with no QT time. This was another issue I had with her as fish being transported can develop all kinds of issues. The acclimation format for these fish was also a quick one ( if I remember) so I am not surprised she had some issues with the fish. This is why I keep going back to acclimating procedures.
I just see so many of today's Angels having problems that I never had to deal with before. I have to assume it's due to their genetic weaknesses and susceptibilty to inbred pathogens that the fish may be carrying and improper acclimating can stress the fish to the point that they succumb. Just recently, I had to deal with intestinal worms in an Angel I was told was tank bred and raised and I bought from someone I know well. Where did they come from? How did it get into the fish? I never had to deal with worms in my previous hatcheries. Just when we dealt with wild fish. So stuff is out there ( or IN there actually ;) lol)

Nope Andy, they were all the same tank!!! Maybe I should dose prazi-pro?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

The ones that were doing badly from the last time you helped me are now doing fine in the QT.they haven't left my boyfriends house since that issues and are doing fine now.
Novice: I am putting tank water in the QT not for BB purposes but for acclamation purposes. They have an aged filter in there from a previous tank(not from the main tank they will be going into)

Basically what I have going on now is 6 fish nickel to quarter sized, in a 20g.
3 of them came from a bordering neighborhood, I took those home with me, 3 more were from wet spot. Those stayed at my boyfriends house, went in the tank with the remaining angel from my Indonesia order.
The 3 at my house went into their QT here which had about half of their home tank water and half of my main tank water(about 3 gallons of each).
In the tank at my bfs all fish were doing fine. They were in RO water. The fish at my house were in their tank for 1 whole day and were fine. Then mid 2nd day started to see some clamping in one. Brought that to bfs. Then a day after that another started clamping so I said eff this I'm taking all over there. They were all in the RO tank. One of the angels with clamping recovered. The other one didn't. All are looking great now.
I've been supplying him with tank water and hes been adding in about 1 liter every 12 hours. Slowly taking out the RO water and replacing it with mine. So far everyone is eating well and very lively.

About 2 weeks ago, I did have to move out of my apartment and move my tank to my parents house(boo hoo :-( ) idk if that would contribute. I wouldnt think so because I've had this problem before. I did drain the whole tank down, kept the filters in water.

Okay, So you are saying that there were no other fish in the tank with the Angels. Correct?
At this point, the fact that the fish were doing better in the R/O water at the boyfriend's, I would wait and see how they react to the switch to your main water. If, under his conditions, the fish handle the water change and continue to do well, I would consider stripping down your tank, sterilizing everything and restarting from scratch rather than blindly medicating. I would still advise that you acclimate them back to the tank and to do it as I layed out and not the way you did it before.

IF the fish do not respond well to the water change, you need to consider changing water to the r/o as there is obviously something in your water system that does not agree with the fish.

That's my best advice for now for the main tank.
As for the fish in QT, if they start to deteriorate as the others did, I suggest you get them either over to the BF's or get some of his water to use in your QT tanks as this seems, at the moment, to be the magic elixer. ;) Medicating should be the last resort not the first. Proper conditions tend to prevent the need for meds.

Keep me posted (y)

Correct. It was just them.
There are other fish in my main tank but it is just them in their own tank.
Great ill keep you posted on their condition!

Back
Top Bottom