Angels with clamped fins

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ashleynicole said:
I saw some larger ones at the fish store today for a good price. They were labled medium, looked pretty healthy. I am thinking about getting one in a week or so. We will see. I really want one nice decent size centerpiece fish. I was also eyeing the opaline gouramis. I will pick one or the other.

I think that's what I'll have to do. The more I think about it I think my golden gourami may have stressed him out. Hopefully a bigger one will handle it better.

I think that's what I'll have to do. The more I think about it I think my golden gourami may have stressed him out. Hopefully a bigger one will handle it better.
I definitely recommend getting one thats a few inches. Just a note, if you have a gourami who stressed the first one, theres not guarantee that it will be ok with a different angel. Angels and gouramis are pretty hit and miss IMO. Often it works, but not always. :) Good luck though.

absolutangel04 said:
I definitely recommend getting one thats a few inches. Just a note, if you have a gourami who stressed the first one, theres not guarantee that it will be ok with a different angel. Angels and gouramis are pretty hit and miss IMO. Often it works, but not always. :) Good luck though.

Thanks. He never chased or picked on my angel. But thinking back the angel stayed away from the gourami at all times and if he got too close he (angel) would sort of turn on his side and watch the gourami with one eye. Kind of like a submissive pose? I'm guessing.

I don't think I would mix angels and gouramis personally. I am going to decide on one or the other.

I have a big golden gourami and 2 angels. The angels own the top of the tank. But I agree one or the other is best.

I know I'll never risk it again. I couldn't believe it turned on my angel like that. That particular angel was getting picked on in the tank I bought it from. It seemed really submissive. I wonder if that had anything to do with it. Also, I had bought a powder blue gourami to put in my tank at school and I had to keep it in my home tank overnight, well, after a minute or two my original DG went after him like crazy. I had to remove the new DG and put it in my 5 gallon. Poor beta had to overnight in a 2g, but he did fine. Anyway, that seemed to bring out some really aggressive behaviors, and even with the new DG gone, he didn't seem to get over it. My little angel was his next target. Just my opinion though.

Back
Top Bottom