AngelsPlus Flake Medications??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

abrage22

Aquarium Advice Freak
I recommended to a buddy of mine who owns a fish shop angelsplus flake food to treat fish when/if they get sick...Neither of us seem to fully understand the descriptions of what flakes treat what disease. Could someone maybe give us a basic list of at least the common diseases(things like ich, pop eye, dropsy, ect.) that each of these would treat:

De-Worm 2
De-Worm 3
Antibiotic
Antibiotic 2
Anti Protozoan

I fixed the title. I've used some of their flake meds and I much prefer them over dosing the entire tank. As to what deals with what, just google the medication name to get more detail. I believe with the antibiotics that most are broad spectrum but some are more effective than others at certain things. For internal parasites I like using something with metronidazole, praziquantel for gill flukes, and kanamycin for some bacteria problems. My experience is limited to that.

Their main med page has a basic overview, you'd just have to google around to find out the scientific name of the ailment if you don't already know it.

Fish Medications and Treatments

Last edited:
None of these are really effective against what you listed. Popeye has various causes- the cause of popeye needs to be determined before treating. 'Generally' a gram positive antibiotic can be used in some cases such as tetracycline (anti 2). Dropsy is a symptom of serious internal issue and has various different causes- its almost always fatal unless you have an aquatic vet/access to prescription injectables as a last ditch effort. A combo of metro & kanamycin can be tried (in water, not food because a fish thats dropsied wont be eating). None of these meds treat ich.

Anti 1 (kanamycin) flakes can be used to treat gram negative infections, Anti 2 (tetra) can be used to treat gram positive infections. Deworm 1 (fenben) is a decent all around dewormer/internal parasite med. Deworm 2 (prazi) is also a good dewormer/internal parasite med thats effective against flukes as well. Best combined with metro for greater effectiveness. Deworm 3 (leva) is a different type of dewormer & is the most effective med against cam worm. Antiprotozoa (metro) is effective against some internal parasites/protozoa & functions as a gram positive antibiotic as well.

Basically, you need to know exactly what you are dealing with in order to effectively treat it with the proper meds. Some situations can be addressed with med foods but others need to be addressed via the water or with injectables (such as when a sick fish is not eating which is frequently the case). If a sick fish is eating, sometimes a med food with an additional water treatment is more effective, broad spectrum approach. Its all very situation dependant & the overuse of meds (particularly antibiotics) can lead to disease resistance which will hamper future attempts if treatment is needed. So, do your research & use with caution & as the instructins indicate. :)

Back
Top Bottom