Another sick corydora

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hils

Aquarium Advice Regular
So my cory with the fungal patches seems better, kind of. One of his fins on the bottom went red and is now a bit tatty, the fun on the other side is now red, but he seems happy otherwise.
My other cory however has a very hairy white spot on her side, and her tail is really tatty, almost melted looking. :-(
I've been treating the tank for 8 days with antifungal etc.
no one else seems affected, so should I remove these two frm the tank and treat in a small tank? Or should I just leave them in the community tank as they have been in there all this time already?
Sorry for the long post.

Since ur sayng they're bottoms are getting red I'm thinking ur substrate is rlly dirty and leaching ammonia and its hurting ur bottom dwellers I'd say do a good gravel vacuum and some nice big water changes

Sent from my SM-G900P using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Sorry, should have mentioned that it's a planted tank, so I don't tent to vacuume it. The water chemistry is all good, did a 50% change day before yesterday. It doesn't seem to be upsetting my bristle noses though either. Just these two. :-/
Only one has the redness on his fin, the other just has fluff and a rotten tail. :-/

Is it gravel? Sand or what?

It's gravel over top of a clay type of substrate for the plants.

Honestly I would still say it's the substrate all the mulm would get built up in the gravel after a while and it gets toxic for the bottom feeders even though u have plants they woulnt take up all the nutrients that build up

Wouldn't that also hurt the bristle noses?
Could I somehow test the water straight off of the stones to check? The rest of the tank shoes 0 ammonia

It would if he spent alot of time on the bottom and im not 100% sure on how to check that is it laterite under the gravel?

I think you're on to something. So I hoovered the bottom and around under the driftwood there was loads of poo and plant material.
Do you think I should put those two into a small tank of their own until they are better?
I'm heading away for 3 weeks tomorrow and worried for my inexperienced friend that will be looking after them.

I would vacuum really well then maybe a water change if there's too much gunk kicked up and as long as the substrate is clean they should be fine and heal

I can't vacuume too much as then it's suck up the dirt that the plants are in. :-/

Hmm thats tough then not sure what to do in that case I use sand or eco complete so no detritus gets in between that

Back
Top Bottom