Any idea what happened?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sharkbait54

Aquarium Advice Addict
I've had this angel fish for about 6 months healthy and active.

One day I see him in the corner of the tank by himself which is kinda weird cause he usually hangs out with his other angel buddy.

Closer inspection reveals his whole side was "scratched"??? And he kinda hangs out by himself and hovers till I feed him and he eats which is good!

Could this be aggression? Or maybe was chased and scraped himself by accident

Tank occupants

2xblood parrots
2xred severums
2xghostknives
5xrainbows
3xpictus cats

Looks to me that the parrots attacked him.
How big is your tank?
Between the Angel, Parrots, catfish, rainbows, you will need a lot of room.

ejaramillo01 said:
Looks to me that the parrots attacked him.
How big is your tank?
Between the Angel, Parrots, catfish, rainbows, you will need a lot of room.

Maybe? It's 12g they should have enough room!

Sharkbait54 said:
Maybe? It's 12g they should have enough room!

WAAAAAAYY OVERSTOCKED! A 55g is good enough for just 1 severum! Hope you get a large tank soon or rehome those poor cichlids! Angelfish need a 30g at least too. I hope you were kidding about 12g having "enough room!"

Noo sry I'm on my phone 125g sry guys!!!!

It might be the blood parrots I'll have to.keep on eye on them. As for the scars clean water should do it?

Sharkbait54 said:

It might be the blood parrots I'll have to.keep on eye on them. As for the scars clean water should do it?

Haha... You had me going there!!! April fools!!! Oh wait, that was two months ago! Anyway, for the scrapes you can add some aquarium salt or try some API Stress Coat. Maybe rearrange the decor to break up any territory to reduce aggression.

Sharkbait54 said:

Lol
Clean water will help for the scars, if possible move the Angel to a quarantine tank, if not possible, then just do twice or three times per week PWC to keep the water clean

Brian_Nano12g said:
Haha... You had me going there!!! April fools!!! Oh wait, that was two months ago! Anyway, for the scrapes you can add some aquarium salt or try some API Stress Coat. Maybe rearrange the decor to break up any territory to reduce aggression.

Thank you so much!

Back
Top Bottom