Any ideas, anyone?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

George9

Aquarium Advice Addict
Im going to try to keep this short. My angel is recovering from internal parasites. When she had them, she usually swam in circles and pooped clear. I've had to treat three different times, the last treatment was clout. Everything is looking good now, eating well and stuff. Except when she chases a plant I have fast, she'll swim slanted or sideways. It only happens when she goes fast though. I see no signs of sideways swimming when shes swimming normally. Any ideas what could be causing this (parasites?) Anyone ever see this before? thanks:dance:

It may be overfeeding, i know when you over feed Bettas they can develope issues with their swim bladder, if this is the issue you can treat by feeding de-shelled peas (they'll take a bit to actually be eaten by the angel).

TaylorAnuar said:
It may be overfeeding, i know when you over feed Bettas they can develope issues with their swim bladder, if this is the issue you can treat by feeding de-shelled peas (they'll take a bit to actually be eaten by the angel).

I will try this tomorrow, but it's weird it doesn't do it unless when swimming fast. We'll see what peas do, thanks.!

That is odd, hopefully that is the problem, i'd keep looking into it though!

George9 said:
Im going to try to keep this short. My angel is recovering from internal parasites. When she had them, she usually swam in circles and pooped clear. I've had to treat three different times, the last treatment was clout. Everything is looking good now, eating well and stuff. Except when she chases a plant I have fast, she'll swim slanted or sideways. It only happens when she goes fast though. I see no signs of sideways swimming when shes swimming normally. Any ideas what could be causing this (parasites?) Anyone ever see this before? thanks:dance:

When I had my angel she use to swim tilted to the side when swimming fast, I never thought anything off it as she showed no other symptoms & she was my first experience with angels :)

shellyx said:
When I had my angel she use to swim tilted to the side when swimming fast, I never thought anything off it as she showed no other symptoms & she was my first experience with angels :)

Cool! That's interesting, makes me feel better lol. Did it live a long life, or do you still have it?

George9 said:
Cool! That's interesting, makes me feel better lol. Did it live a long life, or do you still have it?

I had to rehome her my elephant nose was giving her a hard time, but she's still going strong lol

I have 4 Angels and when they're playing with each other and swimming super fast the bigger 3 Always slant a little.
I've always assumed it was a momentum thing, since everyone eats well and poops great :)

Back
Top Bottom