Anyone know what's up with this betta?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
She is much less puffy! Still acting normal (boss of the tank, really) and she seems to be having an easier time swimming.

It was so hard jabbing a fish with a pin, though. I felt so bad!

I know what you mean :( I don't know if I could do it :( It would take a lot of motivation. They're my babies after all. I guess I'd just have to think about their future and that I'm really helping them out.

Also, to help you relax: my boyfriend was watching a documentary that said that fish don't feel pain. They lack that section in their brains. So, if that documentary is true (which I believe it is) then your fish felt no pain! Just fear! And if it did help it, which it sounds like it did, then your beta knows that whatever you did helped it and I bet if it could thank you in anyway I bet it would! :) (sorry I forgot the gender)
I bet it'd leap out of the bowl and hug you if it could :)

I'm so glad you did your research and did what you needed to do to save your fish. Although lancing it may have been hard, you absolutely did the right thing. I have a lot of respect for you to do that.

Good job of taking care of your beta! I wish you two the best!

Keep an eye on it, even though you've drained it, it could potentially come back. Someone on my betta forum had the same issue, they lanced it, and it was back within two days.

Yeah, that's what I heard too. It will probably come back. And I wasn't worried so much about causing pain, but about her wiggling and me hitting organs and doing damage or something like that. But I have a pretty steady hand even when I am doing minor surgery on a fish, lol. She looks pretty good today. Swelling is down a lot and she is zipping around like nothing happened.

I'm glad to hear that she's feeling a lot better! We lost a girl to a nasty tumor a few months ago, it was so hard watching her want to fight and act like nothing was wrong when she could barely swim!

I guess the root cause of all this was too much for her. She ate some brine and bloodworms earlier, but not long after I found her dead and stuck to the filter intake. At least she isn't suffering anymore.

Oh Alyxx!! :( I am SO SORRY to hear of your loss! :( I know how hard it can be to lose fish!! I am so sorry :(
Just know that you did everything you could for her and she isn't suffering anymore. I'm sure she thanks you for all of the work you did and were willing to do for her.
Who knows, maybe she ended it because she didn't want you to spend all the work on her. She wanted you to focus on your healthier fish and decided to watch you from a better place.
But still, I am so sorry for your loss :(

Thanks. I'm just glad she isn't suffering anymore, and happy that I didn't have to put her down.

Oh no Alyxx! Aww I am so sorry!! Well rest easy knowing you did all you could to keep her comfortable.

Back
Top Bottom