API general cure

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tamtam

Aquarium Advice Addict
I am dealing with an internal parasite or worms in my tank right now. I started treatment with API general cure.

It's a 30 gallon tank and all that is left is a single angel and 3 neons.

I saw some improvement in the first 24 hours. You are suppose to treat the tank, wait 48 hours and remove 25% of the water then retreat the tank. Wait another 48 hours and then add carbon to remove the meds.

My problem is that I messed up. I missed the 48 hours mark and didn't get to remove the water and retreat for another 24 hours. I am now at the point where I should be adding carbon to remove the meds but my fish are still not back to 100%

I saw improvement after both doses within hours. For the first time in a couple weeks my fish were out in the open, swimming and not hiding in a corner. While they didn't eat anything they did show more interest in food as well. Lots of white stringy poops.

Now I'm not sure what to do. Do I just remove the meds and hope this clears up even though my fish are still not acting normal and are back to hiding? Do another water change and retreat?

I was thinking a larger change like 50-75% perhaps and then retreat?

Water change and redose. I think the directions for using this are quite understated. The minimum treatment period for prazi is 21 days and metro is 7 days, depending on what you may treating. If you only partially treat, you may wind up with more resistant bugs. Just my thoughts anyway!

Water change and redose. I think the directions for using this are quite understated. The minimum treatment period for prazi is 21 days and metro is 7 days, depending on what you may treating. If you only partially treat, you may wind up with more resistant bugs. Just my thoughts anyway!

this is sort of what I was thinking as well. Glad someone thinks along the same lines as myself. lol.

Back
Top Bottom