API General Cure does it work

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JessiNoel21

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So here's why I am asking I got a free box with the new RO/DI unit I ordered and when I did a water change today one of my pygmy cories was suck in the cave I had in the tank(he is my smallest one and found a hole at did not know was there*has since been filled with Aquarium silicone*) well he must of been stuck in it for a couple of days. He now looks like he shedding :-(. I was wondering if general cure would help him heal. I did a 50% water change today with Distilled water cause that is all I have until my dad can hook up my RO/DI unit Saturday. I've used it before for velvet on a Walmart Betta I had and it worked great for him so I was hoping it would do the same for my pygmy cory Thank you for your time so it's so long of a post

Sent from my SM-G920V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Well I added it just to be safe and plus added garlic guard to their food to help but thank you for your input :)

I will pick some up when I go to the LFS tonight of the stress guard

General cure is not a "fix-all" drug, it contains
1. Metronidazole - internal bacteria and protozoan parasites (gut)
2. Praziquentel - External nematodes, flukes, internal tapeworm
3. Potassium Dichromite - External fungus/microbe oxidizer
Not sure on the last one, but its something like that.
So as you can see it treats some things, but there really is no "cure all" medicine on the market, even tho there are some like general cure that claim to be on the package.
There are tons of fish parasites, nothing is gonna kill them all except maybe formalin

It's not a parasite he got stuck in a ornament and got beat up pretty badly seeing I did not know he was stuck in until he came out with me swishing said ornament in the bucket of old tank water so I think I hurt him even more :-(. I got stress coat tonight hopefully it helps

Then your gonna want to get "fungus cure"
You can get it from walmart sometimes for 4 bucks
It is Furan-2 and Potassium dichromite.
General cure is for internal parasites
Looked at my box of GC, it does not have Potassium dichromite like i thought, so your def gonna want to get the furan2 if you can swing by there and get it.
it does not affect nitrifying bacteria.

Thank you all for the input but sadly the little guy passed away from his injuries :-(

Back
Top Bottom