Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Unhealthy Fish
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 10-18-2018, 10:55 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

API super ick cure safe for snails?

I was wondering if API super ick cure is safe to use with mystery snails and plants in the tank.

Old 10-19-2018, 01:30 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Hello fish...

Medications aren't the answer for tank problems. The simple water change is much better. Start a more aggressive water change routine and do a good job of vacuuming the bottom material. Water changes of at least half the tank volume or even more weekly will get the water back into the safe zone for the fish.

B

Old 10-19-2018, 08:03 PM   #3
AA Member
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

I looked it up and it may cause an issue with snails. Iíve never tried it with snails. You could just put the snails in a QT for ten days. The white spot shouldnít impact them and any white spot in the water that transferred over with snails would be gone after ten days (at tropical fish tank temps).

Plants Iíve found can handle a single or double dose. Repeated dosing seems to impact mine. Expensive plants could also be removed to QT just in case. Also for ten days.
Old 10-20-2018, 01:41 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delapool View Post
I looked it up and it may cause an issue with snails. Iíve never tried it with snails. You could just put the snails in a QT for ten days. The white spot shouldnít impact them and any white spot in the water that transferred over with snails would be gone after ten days (at tropical fish tank temps).

Plants Iíve found can handle a single or double dose. Repeated dosing seems to impact mine. Expensive plants could also be removed to QT just in case. Also for ten days.
Thank for the advice.

Tags
safe, ick, api, cure

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com