Aquari-sol?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DepotFish

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Anybody every use aquari-sol for parasites or ich? Does it work on internal parasites? Does it work well at all? I'm thinking on adding some friends to Depot's tank. The only way to buy comet goldfish at the local store is through the feeder tank. It looks clean of disease but there is overcrowding and stress. I haven't had any luck with goldies since Depot. Fours years of trying to get her a friend and they all die. I almost bought a fancy goldfish once because they are kept in nice tanks, as in "not going to be fed to something". I can't stand them though. They're deformed. I'm sick of trying to quarentine them so I was thinking to just overdose the tank a bit with this parasite preventative and see how that goes. Any opinions?

I have used it before I heard of the heat method for ich. Never tried it for internal parasites. Also haven't tried it on goldfish, sorry. I would first try looking online for goldfish or check with your local aquarium society, members there would probably have goldfish and might be willing to sell them. Too bad you weren't close to me. I have an overstocked goldie tank and would gladly give them a good home!

Thanks, I checked on yahoo and saw lots of good reviews. I'm going to have to try and find a local aquarium club. There are better stores near my hometown, this is just the only one I know of near college. I decided to give the feeder fish a try. I got two, yearlings?, they lasted to be two inches long in such conditions so hopefully it means they're healthy. They look fine but I've said that before :roll: . I don't even live near you, but you bring up a point. Adopting already healthy goldfish off people who are overrun would guarentee a better survival rate. Maybe I'll find some for the pond come summer. The raccoons always keep our populations low.

I ended up with these goldies because a friend didn't want to bother with them anymore. He has a pond and didn't want to keep bringing them in and out every winter and spring. They are my rescue fish.

Hopefully your fish will do just fine. :D

Back
Top Bottom