Aquarium Pharmaceutical - Triple Sulfa?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TygGer

Aquarium Advice Freak
Just had a quick question on dosage instructions. The back of the package says to "empty" one capsule for every 5 gallons of water. So are we suppose to open these little blue/yellow capsules and empty the contents into the water or are we suppose to drop the whole capsule into the water? On the front of the package, it says "fast dissolving". I wasn't sure if they were talking about the outer shell or the actual medication powder?

Im ALMOST sure you need to pour the powder stright into the tank but dont take my word for it wait for an advisor to come and answer your queston.

Wish I was more help.

I don't know for certain, but here's a quick way to find out. take a paper cup of tank water, drop the thing in, and see if it dissolves. If not, pull it out, and open up the capsule up, and add it. If so, dump the whole contents of the cup in.

I'd guess if it says to "empty" the capsule, that you'd need to crack it open...

Hi...I have never used this brand. I use Aquatronics brand of meds, and they are in capsules, and you open those capsules, put the powder into the tank, and throw the capsule itself away. The capsules that I use twist open very easily. So, I'm pretty sure that you would open these capsules too. What Sweetsuvvyb said is a good test.

I would also do what Sweets said and open the capsule in a paper cup of tank water. Let the powder dissolve, and then pour that water in the tank. This way you avoid little powder clumps floating in the tank for awhile.

I did the test and the capsules will dissolve, but it just takes awhile. They also twist open easily.

Thanks for the advice, I'll probably just twist them open until I'm advised otherwise.

Back
Top Bottom