At the end of my tether, please help (long post with pics)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This article is great too: Dropsy . I don't want her to die, I'm really gutted! I'd like to keep her in her usual tank rather than move her about really, but if moving her is best I will.

Are her scales pineconing? That is the major sign of dropsy. I think it's more of internal parasites, which you can get meds for.

No - thank god, I think I'd puke if they were!! Looks scary from the pics I've seen. So it might not be dropsy?? Awesome! I've been convincing myself it was, and bid on eBay for some Interpet anti internal bacteria treatment for dropsy, gillrot, ulcers and septacemia :p ! I've treated the tank with one dose of all natural Melaxif so far, and I've bought some Epsom salts instead of just using sea salt. Shall I continue with water changes? The tank is still very salty.

I wish I knew as much as you - any recommendations on reading materials? I'm gonna buy some when I get my first pay with my new job. I really appreciate all your help by the way, thankyou :)

Oh, most of the info I have learned has been on here, and just messing around looking stuff up on the internet when I am bored. I like to know what's going on and how to fix it before it happens haha!
Melafix sounds good, but that will usually only get the outside stuff, but I have seen it recommended to soak their food in it too, which would make it pass thru them.
I would keep up the water changes, but if your parameters are good, I would just do like 20% every other day or so.
My pic is the mouth of a lingcod my husband caught in Alaska.

Back
Top Bottom