Axolotl have columnaris ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

axolover

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So when I got my axolotl he seemed to have some whitish film around his head and a lot of his body pattern was different so I didn’t know if it was normal . He eats fine and is active . My other axie however hasn’t eaten (except once or twice ) since I got him about a month ago. He’s an adult and tried to eat worms but he can never swallow and I cut them into tiny pieces for him too . He’s a Melanoid but his mouth is really white idk if that’s normal too .IMG_1521720869.922760.jpg

He’s the one that acts ok but I’m worried about it now

I'm of no help, I've never heard of an Axie before but omg that face is like a puppy. Hope you get some help. It's so awful when they get sick and can't tell us what's wrong. Good luck

Does the film seem to get worse and worse? For that one you can give him a short tea bath, search that up it should help, have you put them in the fridge? Perhaps the axie that is not eating well is old, they tend to do that, How old are both of them?

If he has been noticeably sick for a month, likely not Columnaris. Death would have occurred. That's not to say the problems not some other type of intestinal bacteria or parasite infestation. Might try a medicated food.

Back
Top Bottom