Baby Clown knife fish won't eat!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Reiner

Aquarium Advice Activist
I just bought a baby clown knife fish on wednesday. He is maybe 3 or 4 inches long and is in a 50 gallon tank (for now at least) and he hasn't eaten since I got him. Iv been trying to feed him frozen bloodworms and live black worms (i think).. I'm worried that he hasn't eaten yet but maybe he just needs time to settle.. Any advise would be soo helpful!
I also have live feeders in the tank for another fish but I think there all a pritty good size and would be too big for him right now..

I had 2 little ones years ago, 1 ate anything (even flakes) while the other just sat there and starved. Hate to say it, but it sounds like you may have one like that too if it doesn't eat in a day or two.

It just seems so strange that a fish would let itself starve! I guess it could be eating some of the bloodworms from the bottom after I leave.. I'm crossing my fingers that he will eat while im there tonight so I won't be so worried about him!!

Back
Top Bottom