baby mollies shrinking and dying

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

numberonebikeslover

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Dear All;
My Molly and platty fry is dying after their lateral body shrinks to very lean (shown in the figure). Does any body have an idea what is wrong with them, and why they are shrinking? I’m keeping them in a clay bowl which could accommodate about one and half litter of water and feeding them 3 to four times a day with crushed fish food, and doing a regular 50% water change once in 24 hours. As their number is exceeding 50, so I fixed a very tiny injection needle on a pipe and bent it so that very small amount of air could escape. I connected this assembly with the air pump and dipped the needle in the bowl. It is making tiny bubbles which some what circulates the water producing tiny water currents. In the beginning the fry were dying and I was taking into account the quote “survival of the fittest” but now they are shrinking? Please, I’m desperate because I and my wife have developed attachment to the little ones. Any Help will be highly appreciated.

Naeem

Attachments

• fray shape.jpg
    fray shape.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 87
If it's toxins leaching out from the clay bowl, you'll have to change to a different container...

Don't know anything about Molly fry growth, I'm afraid. But shapes do change.

You can also add vitamins to the water to aid growth.

Back
Top Bottom